Alles, was Spiele angeht.

Moderatoren: ShAngO-Schamanen, DuSK-Orgas

Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Re: Chris Roberts is back! => Star-Citizen

Beitrag von Zar »

Ja, das sind halt ein paar Gigabyte. :uglyfinger:

Btw: im Hangar selbst geht (noch) nichts, man muss im Hauptmenü auf das Arena Commander bzw die "Digitalen" Sachen wechseln, dort gibts dann auch Tutorial und sowas.
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

na supi. heute nacht 2.0 veröffentlich und meine bisher geladenen 20 GB interessieren nicht mehr 8[
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

lol
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

Interessanter post:

Christopher Roberts said:

Wow, there's a few things that get real gamer's blood boiling more than "micro-transactions" - perhaps "DRM", "EA" and "Pay2Win" but that's about it.

It would be nice if everyone that was getting up in arms about the OP actually read the article that was referred to as I DON'T mention micro-transactions anywhere. The full article is here http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... evelopment. If you read my words I'm incredibly happy and excited about making the game, how the interaction with all of YOU is making the game better AND how grateful I am that everyone has been so generous in their contributions as its allowing us to make a game without compromises.

My reference to World of Tanks was purely about how I felt the ability for people that don't have 40 hours a week to sink into a game have the opportunity to spend some money to keep up (an early post called this Pay2BeEqual) or drive a sexy tank they don't have 200 hours of game time to earn. I think WoT has some similarities to SC because they are both skill based games so having better equipment may help you but it will NOT guarantee victory - which is very important and similar to real life (I can have a better sports car than you but if you're a better driver you'll probably be able to beat me on a road course). And it is encouraging to me that they are doing well financially as it is a PC game in what I would have considered a niche category, which at first glance is how you could categorize Star Citizen. Its going to cost significant money to make Star Citizen and more money to continue to run it. I would love to see Star Citizen hit a 10 year anniversary like Eve, and knowing that another online PC game is doing well makes me feel confident that SC has the potential for longevity that I think everyone would like to see (which was the context for my comments in the article)

For the record here are my simple rules for what I'm aiming for with Star Citizen (and personal play preference)

1) NO grind - basic gameplay should be fun.

2) NO subscription to play. Once you've bought the game you should be able to play and have fun without paying another penny. Maybe this is from all the MMOs I signed up for and then didn't have time to play yet still had to pay to keep my character (I think I paid over 2 years of subs for both WoW and SWG before I canceled, despite only playing them for the first month or so!)

3) NO unfair advantage to people with either too much money or too much time. I think its disingenuous for people to claim that they should have a big advantage just because they can commit 40 hours a week in play time over someone that can only spend 4. Both types of player have purchased the game and are both entitled to have fun. If I make a game that only caters to people that have lots of time and nothing else I'm cutting out a huge part of the audience. The same goes if I build a game that just caters to people that have money to burn (The Asian P2W game style). Just because someone plays one way doesn't mean everyone should play that way. Some people will want to just spend a few hours dogfighting, some may want spend dozens of hours doing trade runs and building up a merchant empire. Others may just want to explore corners of the galaxy. A big audience supplies lots of players to make the universe more interesting. A big audience also spreads the costs of running the persistent universe (as it costs money for new content and servers), which in turn makes it cheaper for all.

4) NO Pay2Win - You should never be able to buy anything with real money that you can't buy in with in game credits. Once fully live SC in-game items will only be purchasable with in-game credits. There will even be some items you can ONLY earn by playing / flying missions. All you will be able to spend money on that is gameplay related would be buying some in-game credits as you don't want or don't have enough time to earn the credits you need for your contemplated purchase. We'll cap purchase of in-game credits to avoid someone unbalancing the game / economy. Finally as I point out above skill will always play a factor - there will be no "magic spaceship of death" that will sweep all before it, so while you may have bought a more expensive spaceship / weapon a better pilot can still beat you (this is where people with lots of time get an advantage as they'll have spent a lot more time honing their combat skills!)

From my perspective my above 4 rules and solutions are the best compromise that factors the need to make the game fun for people with lots of time or little time, while allowing the game the ability to cover its running costs based on player's actual engagement with the game. I am confident we can balance all this in a way that works and doesn't feel unfair to any one group. Contributing additional money beyond your initial ship package will be entirely optional and not required to have fun or progression (but if you do short cut once in a while, know that you're money is going to support the development of the game and on-going content!)

I hope this allays some concerns. If not, I ask that you wait to you have a chance to actually play and see how everything will work and be balanced before making your mind up.

-Chris
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

So, war heute das erste mal im Spiel. Scheint so, als wenn mein PC noch etwas Aufrüstung gebrauchen könnte. Auf der Bodenstation gehts einigermaßen flüssig (Detail low), im Raumgleiter wirds zäh, aber es ist einigermaßen spielbar. Leider gibts längere "Denkpausen" (bis zu 10 Sek!) in denen das ganze Spiel steht. Vermutlich läd der da irgendwas nach. War aber bisher nur beim Training so extrem.

Werds mir die Tage nochmal etwas genauer anschauen.
Btw: Ich konnte das Training nicht abschließen, da ich es nicht geschafft habe die Missiles abzuschießen. 8[
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

Im Arena Commander kann man anscheinend schon Coop-Missionen fliegen, ich werd das gleich mal mit nem Kumpel testen.

Hier vielleicht noch was, was deine Performance verbessern könnte: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... otion-blur
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... -links-faq

Hier eine Compilation von sehr interessanten News ("Comm-Links") über das Spiel und sein Design.
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Sneedy
OVER 9000!!!

Beitrag von Sneedy »

I just want to know the PC-REquirements
and at this point i'm too afraid to ask.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one."
- George R. R. Martin (AdwD - p.452)
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

also es läuft auf meinem Laptop recht gut :P
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

Sneedy hat geschrieben:I just want to know the PC-REquirements
and at this point i'm too afraid to ask.
Grafikkarte mit 1GB RAM (sehr unspezifisch)
8 GB Hauptspeicher
Quadcore-CPU (vermutlich sind hier 4 "echte" CPU-Cores gemeint)

passt soweit genau auf mein system. ich glaub aber trotzdem, dass eine radeon hd7750 (hab so eine) die absolute unterkante darstellt.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

möp... komm nicht mehr rein. ich muss erst ein paket kaufen 8[
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

15 Tage noch :P
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

eine woche zu spät. ich hab ab mittwoch urlaub und muss am 4.1. wieder ins büro 8[
Zar
Holy SHIT!
Holy SHIT!

Beitrag von Zar »

hab dir ja angeboten: du kannst es dir selbst kaufen und ich überweis dir das geld ^^
Vor mir die Sintflut.
Carnifex
Programmierguru
Programmierguru

Beitrag von Carnifex »

gibts ingame eigentlich einen voice-chat?
Antworten